My 3 girls love unicorns! When they see a unicorn in a movie or in a book they fall in love. However, it is heartbreaking when dad has to bring them back to reality and teach them.......well....unicorns are just not real.
What does this have to do with the brakes on your vehicle? A cheap brake job does not exist. If for some reason you are driving thru the forest and you come across what appears to be a cheap brake job, I would suggest you do the same thing as if you see a unicorn. Slap yourself across the face and wake up! At best it could be a bait a switch. Most likely you are going to find that sub-par parts will be installed, the brakes will be noisy and will not last very long and hopefully the technician didn't cut any corners to slam that brake job out the door. I strongly believe this is the last place you want to cut corners. Your safety and the safety of others on the road next to you are too important to risk.
So what does a quality brake job include?
- Quality Parts- Do the brake pads and rotors meet or exceed original equipment standards?
- Calipers- Will the technician service the brake calipers by cleaning and lubricating the slides. Will the wheel hubs be cleaned and serviced as well?
- Wheel Torque- Will the caliper bracket bolts be installed with the proper loctite and will the wheel lug nuts be torqued by hand when the wheels go back on?
- Certified- Has the technician been properly trained or certified to perform the brake work?
- Fluid- Will the fluid be tested and flushed if needed to prevent those crazy ABS problems in the future?
- Warranty- Is there a guarantee behind the brake parts and labor?
We believe go big or go home. That is why we have a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty on all of the services we offer!
Sure we understand the importance of saving a few bucks when possible. A lot of times we can provide options during brake or other repairs to keep your vehicle safe and save you money. However, we strongly recommend to make sure repairs are being done without cutting corners.