At Dale's Service Center in Davenport, IA we provide customers with unsurpassed air conditioning repair and service. You deserve cool, comfortable air and relief from summer heat whether traveling to and from work, running errands, or driving to your summer vacation destination. Temperatures can get downright uncomfortable during the summer months, and putting the windows down often provides little relief.
If you are on this page, you likely have a problem with your A/C system. If not, it is important to know that regular air conditioning maintenance can result in finding a small issue before it becomes a major (and more expensive) problem. Sealing a leak and refilling refrigerant is far less costly than replacing the compressor. Unfortunately, many motorists put off service or repair until it is absolutely necessary; at this point you can expect to dole out more cash, as the repair or replacement will be more involved.
Is your A/C blowing cool air? When there is a problem with your air conditioning, there are several things you could notice. These include:
- Heat coming from the vents, or air that isn't cool but feels similar to the air outdoors
- The A/C does not work when idling, only when driving
- Air coming from vents smells stale or musty
- Even when the fan is on high, airflow is low
- A/C or heat won't come on at all
- A/C is noisy when turned on
- Water on your vehicle's floorboards
When the summer heat is brutal and your air conditioning system is malfunctioning, our expert auto technicians will perform a thorough evaluation of your system. This may include:
- Performing a pressure test of the cooling system
- Inspection of seals to detect leaks, compressor belt, and other components of system
- Inspecting the blower and internal controls
- Measure temperature of vent air in the interior
- Inspection of thermostat, hoses, pressure radiator cap, operating temperature of radiator coolant
- Ensuring the air conditioner pressure complies with specifications of the manufacturer
Temperatures during the summer months in Iowa often rise into the 80s and even 90s; combined with humidity, it can be downright uncomfortable. You don't want to arrive at an afternoon appointment dripping in sweat because your vehicle's A/C isn't cooling as it should, or at all. Whether the issue is minor or more serious, we perform all the repairs and services to keep you cool in the heat of summer.
So many things can contribute to the failure of your A/C system including fittings that have become loose, refrigerant leaks, worn hoses or seals, damaged O-rings, and the condition of the radiator. Over time, radiators deteriorate as they become acidic; this contributes to water pump failure and damage of hoses, gaskets, belts, and seals.
Whether it is time to have your air conditioning system inspected or you have an issue that is causing your A/C not to function as it should, you can trust the team at Dale’s Service Center to keep you cool while traveling in the heat of summer. If you are in the Davenport, IA area give us a call now at 563-293-7081.